Music and More

Like Diamonds

As I learn to love myself.  I can't help but remember my weekend with Donald.  It has been one of the most rewarding and cathartic weekends I can remember.  We got into his car after being picked up from the airport by his team sergeant (sharp dude).  We have a habit of collecting theme songs for our vacations together.  So we get in the car and this is playing.  Immediately Donald said, "no way", and I said, "bro, we are due for a chick song".  He voted for Bruno Mars, and Rihanna's song came on twice before we heard the popular Bruno Mars Song, "Locked out of Heaven".  Well after a drawn out struggle we had our song for trip.  So as I venture into this introspective series to share as much of my process as possible I will soundtrack my journey.  I have never really thought about a love song to myself but as I refocus my love towards healing me, this song makes complete sense.

Ron this is dedicated to you and our shadow in the most healthy narcissistic way.  Shine bright like a diamond!



Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...