Music and More

A return to "Soul-cial Media"

A New Year! No tracks, a clear path, and the whistle of a winter storm invites!
I stopped blogging almost a year ago.  I actually quit "blogging" long before that.  I was not sharing to present a perspective of me for others, I was hoping to write to paint a portrait for legacy's sake. I'm not trying to express myself for social media.  I try to let my posting be a small contribution of a true me to a e-community that is human at heart and ego thirsty by nature.  I try to express me in the greatest of light and in the eeriest of shadows. Social media tends to be more about presenting the self as we hope to be perceived.  I am guilty of this desire, and chose to take time away from wanting to be seen.  With the end of 2014, I visited how I presented myself through social media.  I was pleased and with it I will "Restart".



What a better way than a chronological restart to help a "soul-cial media" restart.  I have continued writing all year, on a moleskin journal, an evernote electronic notebook, and as an amateur and published poet.  Those that take time to know the real me, beyond the social media me, understand I am rarely typical.  I am often seen as difficult, an old soul, and even unrealistic with a hint of idealism.  Those I click with, have gentler descriptions.  Those that don't understand me might call me rude, criminal, or unfair.  Those in my family might have even more critical versions.  Regardless, I want to continue my participation as a citizen of a social media with a genuine contribution of my writing and discovery.  Because I might be missing out.



The year was an amazing collection of endings, beginnings, and continuations.  I accomplished goals. I accepted new ones. I stopped to see that I had major injuries to the body and spirit.  I cared for myself by slowing life down.  I asked for help.  I had surgery on my body, mind, and soul.  I watched my daughters begin to communicate like future adults.  I grew closer to my father and mother.  I grew further from some friends.  I strengthened my lifestyle with a continued faith in Christ.  I left the year 2013 wondering if I really was a good man.  I leave the year 2014 knowing I've made so much progress with being hu...man.  I am discovering the areas I can be curious about.  I arrive in 2015 determined to do all things with dignity.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...