Music and More

Con o Sin Melanin!

Not immigrants, not fruit pickers, not slaves, not illegal, nor lesser, 
but travelers, harvesters, contributors, survivors and human! 

When the melanin deficient humans migrate, they are pioneers. 
When they are functioning they call themselves a workforce. 
When they are prospering they call themselves liberated. 
When they walk out their door they look dignified.

When the melanin enriched humans migrate they are forbidden and criminal.
When they work together productively they are seen as equipment, subversive, deviant, and delinquent.
When they are free, they tend to be hunted, monitored, and regulated.
When they walk out their door, they look suspicious.

The melanin deficient human share in different vocations.
You say Lawyer, I say Reconciler.
You say Doctor, I say Restorer.
You say CEO, I say Servant Leader.
You say President, I say Intercessor.
You say God Bless America, I ask God What is not Blessed that I may know where to serve?

But the beauty of it all is that this is not truth, maybe common, but how often is complicated.

- Ron Estrada

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...