Music and More

An intro to ChicanoFit

Cool talk about the shadow characteristics of efficiency.  When I think of efficiency I think of Crossfit.  The revolutionary fitness strategy that applies the latest research and discoveries in fitness in hopes of creating the fittest human beings.  I am going to apply this talk to my fitness.  



I have grown beyond the Crossfit model, not excluding it, but rather integrating it.  I don't call myself a crossfitter, but I do admire the community.  I believe it is the fittest community a person can buy.  I have found that despite its principles being focused on efficiency and functionality, it is really geared toward being a better crossfitter and heavy aspects of looking stronger, maybe even "Hot"!   

As I wanted to apply my Crossfit body to my life, creating a lifestyle, I found that a lot of people who are out there exploring, adventuring, and using functional strength aren't crossfitting.  Often they call Crossfit a cult, even those I know in the special forces or SEAL community.  I know that Crossfit is an essential ingredient to my wellness, so I hold praise and criticism with curiosity.  I do know that I have held an unbalanced appreciation for efficiency that has had a detrimental effect on my ideas and body. 

Crossfitters are crossfitting, but are they doing it functionally in the world or in their boxes?  Is efficient absolutely efficient?  I continue to ChicanoFit, which for now includes Crossfit.  I integrate Crossfit, but only so it can make me functional for life outside a "Box".  Created with a brother in wellness, M.D. Galen Castillo-Loughrey and I, as we embarked on our bandwagon discovery of Crossfit, found that our methods were slightly unique enough to have a different name.  ChicanoFit is our approach to wellness.  I will be writing about it, claiming it as a true philosophy towards wellness.  I will be calling it a search for joy, where best isn't necessarily the "Best"!  I hope it will be a modest and humble path to empowerment.  Still considering whether we'll keep our shirts on.  {Smiling}

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...