Music and More

Seeing Potential when the self can't

I love crossfit for its ability to help me believe in miracles.  Miracles are those events that happen when most no longer believe they could.  Miracles are the moments that defy doubt.  It might be as simple as learning to stand on my hands.  It could be as complex as stringing 5 ring muscle ups together, or more importantly calming my pride, ego, and rascal.  I compete with myself, and crossfit has helped me compete in ways I never thought possible, you might say a miracle.  The hater in me  succumbs to comradery.  I love the philosophy that you win for participating.  You are one small step better with each healthy thought. You are that much more able with each attempt. You are that much more prepared with each success. Before you know it, you have a collection of milestones to build a foundation of wellness.   I no longer lose when I compete with crossfit...not to say I always come in first...but I am balancing.  Every failure means I was living, attempting, and creating space for accomplishing. My dream is to give the gift of efficacy to as many people as possible.  Hearing someone believe in themselves is good music.  I have been a cynical person and crossfit has smoothed those edges. The cynic is not dead, but respected and for now calm.

3...2...1...

Self perception can paralyze potential

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...