Music and More

Dear Arrogance,

I'm writing to let you know I don't hate you.  I know you don't care what I think.  I understand you function in realm beyond emotion or reason.  I still need you to know that I see you.  You are not a healthy quality, but there is a sparkle to you.  You have a bad smell, but when I look in your eyes I recognize your sadness.  You are slippery, but I don't want to trap you.  I thank you for being born, despite realizing you were born of loneliness, abuse, and neglect.  You are not a beautiful site to see, but you have a charm and it's cleaver in small doses.  Your humor is bad, but a smile in bad taste is still a smile.  You have put us in some bad situations, and I am sorry for putting you in charge when all you wanted was to inform me of how things are down in the depths.  We are a team, and I love you.  We'll make it a little further and I'd like you take a good rest.  Humility has asked to be your roommate, please take it into consideration.  Oh yeah, you can let your hair grow, be natural, take your tie off, there is no dress code here.  I'll be checking in on you, not out of mistrust but to make sure you are comfortable with the changes going on around here.  I need you to be you, nothing more nothing less, because when you contribute in healthy ways we are a champion.  Oh yeah, you'll be doing some housework with Confidence.  She'd like to get to know you.  So I hope you take this well and these words express my respect for you.  Take care and see you around.

Regards,
Ron

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...