Music and More

Perception, Appear, and Perceive

The more I think about human connection, a diagram is surfacing.  A trinity of awareness.  I have a Self-Perception.  I give a Self-Appearance.  Then there is an Other-Perception.  This is who I am.  Self-perception is the critical and loving understanding I have of my history, present, and hopes with my feelings, emotions, and thoughts.  My self-appearance is the person I'd like the world to see me as.  It is my behavior, actions and expressions.  Other-perception is how the world interprets me.  It gives me feedback completing a connection loop that leads to union or division.  All three pieces are alive.

There is one last synthetic piece, and it is Other-Appearance.  This is how I can picture when others interpret and describe how they would like the world to see me.  This is not alive or who I am.  It is a complicated translation of encounters with my trinity described above.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...