Music and More

Thank you arrogance

It feels odd sharing myself in such a vulnerable way,  but today I feel simple.  There are heavy feelings of embarrassment and broken boundaries, but mostly I feel forgiving and genuine.  Maybe a little like that Jerry Maguire moment where genuine expression doesn't bloom immediately but when it does... I think I have expectations of myself that can be rigid.  I am only a man.  I know that my arrogance is scorned by me and most social norms, but it has helped me survive.  Knowing it has contributed to what makes me who I am, allows me to forgive it, embrace it,  and thank it.  With each tribulation it comes to my rescue and I am gradually getting better at greeting it and redistributing its energy into productive thoughts and behaviors.  Spending this time thinking about how I can be arrogant and poetically applying metaphors to it, has helped me reach a forgiveness point.  I think as I grow and encounter new people, places, situations, and phases I will recognize the messages that my arrogance can be sending.  I may be overwhelmed enough to let my arrogance run wild, but I like to think that as I age I will encounter more humbling circumstances than antagonistic ones.  In my shadows lives an arrogant set of tools that at one time in my life kept me alive and functioning.  When I am stressed and restless I can fall back on arrogance as a coping strategy for feeling valued.  Despite me forgiving me, I long to be forgiven for mistakes made while using these arrogant tools.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...