Music and More

What's the purpose of arrogance?

I think as my lifestyle has changed, so has my attitude.  I still have the quality of arrogance, but its lurking in a new set of beliefs.  I realize now that despite my introspection and self work, arrogance will and has survived.  It may not be as obvious now that I have been improving as a person.  I think wherever confidence can thrive I'll find arrogance waiting for the perfect prideful conditions.  What are these perfect conditions?

One thing comes to mind is lack of fear.  I think the disregard for consequence takes root in success.  And in these conditions of fearlessness, humility is gradually forgotten.  Risks do not seem as daunting, emotional profits seem endless, and thoughts are undignified.  This is how carelessness and thoughtlessness can create opportunities for breakdown.  Arrogance is an alerting system.  It is the quality and characteristic that must warn me of mindlessness.

How can I detect arrogance?  What will remedy an exaggerated self concept?

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...