Music and More

Happy Valentines Day!


The Flame
I know fire for its high temperature. 
I know it takes fuel, oxygen, and heat... a trinity. 
The thing about fire that eludes us all is knowing how to create it and then how to sustain it. 
What can be put into a fire is fuel. 
What can motivate fire is oxygen.
What ignites fire is heat.

Fire is not a human entitlement, nor is it inherited.
It is liberated and forces us to learn its rules and cooperate, while at times engulfing us without warning.
It can be manipulated.
It can be harnessed.
It can be tamed.
It has an important role in everything.
It can kill and nurture in the same event.
It can be put out, only to spark again where interested.

It teaches me about love.
When it falls in my lap I jump.
When it heats my cold soul I get close.
When it dances, I sweat.
When it is antagonized it rages.
When it is nurtured it is symbiotic.
When it burns I flinch.
When it scorches it scars.

You are fuel, oxygen, and heat.
Like an ember, ready to flame, hold yourself hot, that you may combust, and light the world.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...