Music and More

I am Newt...a cake eater

The only way I can understand the rational for my contempt for characters like Newt Gingrich, is to accept that I can relate to his stupidity. I can relate to his stupidity not in the stigmatized form of the word "stupid", but the real and mature form of the word.  When I move from generalizations and I become emotionally invested I tend to think with more stupidity.  I tend to forget to be critical and thorough.  So many individualists, who often support a conservative ideology, have experienced success as a consequence of perceived individual intentions, actions, and accomplishments.  This cannot be completely true in a society so dependent on community systems, community resources, and community productions.

So in my brief experiences with this world I have found that I can think with a mentality that results in wounded ideas like, "I have found a way, shouldn't everyone else".  I have look down on others with pity and remembered my own refusal to be kept down.  I can smell the frustration with being seen as a burden.  So as I recognize Newt's ignorance I also recognize underneath it his source of motivation.  I recognize his ambitious desire to never ever again be seen as worthless and insignificant.

And unfortunately every stereotype holds a morsel of truth, like a high fructose sugar is not too useless.  Newt your insensitivity to the reality that America associates welfare with people of color, blacks, browns, unmotivated, uneducated, and lazy is our inability to hear it.  Welfare is a sophisticated system that is not incorruptible, but like your entitlement systems that I see as being a polar opposite, your entitlement system is also corruptible.  So in my ignorance, it is wrong for me to believe your life has been peaches and cream because you have wealth, class, and sophistication.  We all are at times burdened, lazy, and stupid.  So I am like you Newt...in a lot of ways.

My heart is opening to the struggles and perceptions of the capitalist mind.  Where there is a need for profit there lives a deep and painful need to be valued.  To all proverbial Newts I see you, I recognize me in you, I identify with you, and now hope to gain understanding for you, that it may lead to learning to live for you.  In that cosmic way that my grandparents have taught me to love, I send a e-hug to men I have despised, and those I have stereotyped because they look like Newt.  In a way that my mentor asks me to do, work towards being able to love my enemies.

The lesson for is me is a forgiveness synthesis that flows as follows:
Critical sight, recognition, reflection, indentification, integration, and then understanding leading to love.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...