Music and More

The art of making your cake and eating it too.

Yesterday's news from the round house, our legislative coliseum, brought with it a perfect example of making your cake and eating it too. The environmental improvement board (EIB) of New Mexico, worked hard to establish regulations that would manage green house and environmental damage by our energy mining. Our governor worked equally as hard to undo and nip it in the bud, by removing all balanced membership to the environmental agency and replacing its members with mining, gas, and ranching advocates. So Dianna Martinez created her cake and is now eating it.

Another example of caking it is the EIB's explanation for stifling the regulations. I herd one advocate for revocation explain it as so. Emissions caps should be a federal issue. This is ironic being that conservatives are heavy supporters of state led initiatives. It is only a states duty when it is convenient and profitable. When it is burdensome and disciplined it should be a federal duty. Like children, I recognized this attitude. My daughters complain and say, "I should be able to bayth and clean whenever I feel like it", but when they get cavities or wear out belongings mommy and daddy should pay. This is how I see the art of having your cake and eating it too.

Hearing this I know that 85% of New Mexico could give a shit nor really care to understand. Believing this, I feel like a gnat on the ass of hog, but I ask the Lord to help me accept the difference in opinion with sophistication and understanding. It is what it is...and another example for me of how education is not a substitute for intelligence.




Remember Elizabeth Ryan...well I do. Texas Interest!

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...