Music and More

Make a difference and contribute!



I have stumbled into greatness, not so much this man, but the example he demonstrates, the healing quality of the expressed word.  I have found myself in my writing and I find myself writing more.  I am a work in progress and like this film there is the final cut still pending.

Please support this film if you feel drawn to a grassroots project.  Its message is a message that I hope will soon be publicized because it inform of the struggle that Chicanos bare.  It is information into the machismo that has corroded the buen hombre.  It informs how the vato loco grows from innocence into being seen as a menace to society.  It shows the effort needed to undue a lifetime of discouragement and inferiority.  It highlights an example of dysfunction that steers true.  It is commonly asked among people in New Mexico, where are the good men, and this is fertilizer for preparing the soul where better men can grow.

I have been fortunate to sit with Jimmy, talk with him, and open up to him.  I see how important it is to be limitless and dream big.  I have had an opportunity to erupt with ideas knowing the chances for success are unimportant because the passion to steer in a grand direction is the consequence of hope.  God is foolishly wise and I see that quality in Jimmy.  I had grown to tell myself all the ways I cannot dream, and Jimmy reminds me in his actions to dream in community, speak with grace, root it in advocacy, and to believe it will happen.  One day I will have my own project, and I feel I will have a carnalito advocating for prosperity in the same way I am right now.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...