Music and More

Dad's plans


When things don't work out as planned, I tend to think they went wrong.  When I think about what right is supposed to feel like it just as illusive as the feeling I feel when expectations aren't met.  I am a father who won't make happiness happen, but I will be a dad who will try.  I think my daughters have taught me to hold on to second chances, and to see each chance as a new and different try.  Fathers Day is a day to remember that there are men who may or may not have helped life happen as planned.  If I look at it a little differently and update my plans I get an opportunity to see how Dad is not an answer to life but a question about my lineage.  So to dads who are what you are there will always be plans and hopefully they'll include you.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...