Music and More

Criticize to rationalize its a better direction

I am in an amazing space in my life.  I am accruing debt at a higher percentage than ever.  I wake up and it scares me.  I am not buying luxurious things, its just necessities.  I am learning to appreciate the dependence that I have chosen, dependencies that are tied to social norm.  I realize that much of my life is still geared toward a balance between simplicity and convenience.  So I worry, but I don't think I am overwhelmed.  Now how do I synthesize this into wisdom.

What first comes to mind is my self perception.  Even after 37 years of life, 34 years of memories, and 20 years out of high school I still judge myself.  I wake in the morning and recognize that my eyes are a little more tired looking.  My body takes a lot longer to warm up when I work out.  My joints are more stubborn than I remember them being.  But my mind laughs.  My mind says "you can still hang brother".  If I stop now, it will only get harder later.  I  rest more and push myself less but I live the same.  I am borrowing from laziness to pay off the debts I have accrued with anger and discipline.  I am cashing in on some pleasurable comfort, knowing I am going to pay intensity back with interest.  I am not wasting my lazy time though.  I get enough done, but this allows me to feed my dreams, fears, and insecurities.  In my laziness I remind myself of the disappointments in lifestyle, livelihood, and achievement.  I am building a stockpile of motivation that I know I can do without but for humanistic reasons have convinced myself I need.

I realize I am willing to live with others, for others, and in spite of others.  In the past I was living for me, to get mine.  This is a subtle shift towards a community that I can't clearly recognize.  The others in the first sentence of this paragraph is as dynamic as the weather.  I can't clearly identify who is it that I am moving towards, with, or against.  There is appreciation for chaos and a mistrust of planning.  I am seeing balance everywhere.  I am finding meaning in most or at least looking for it.  I am preparing for surpluses and harvests that can't be seen in this drought.  I am accruing a personal debt that may not be able to be paid off tomorrow, but I am not wasting the goods rendered.  I am irresponsibly being devoted to simplicity.  I am choosing to spend credit to keep from having to increase my income.  I am spending laziness to keep from having to increase my intensity.  I am resting because right now life feels like I can.

So this is a demonstration for how I have taken my criticisms and used them to build a rational for explaining my recent laziness.  I might even call it excessive rest to give myself a poetic hug.
Learning from the world

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...