Music and More

No Weaving, just Harnessing

You can't weave the wind, breeze, breathe, or mist!  That's the analogy that comes to mind as I tried to write weaving the lover, similarly to weaving the critic.  I can't grasp love, only harness it.  In my look into facades I reached frustration trying to describe myself as a lover.  It even has become irritating, silly, maybe exhausting to think so hard about all this crap.  I find myself even feeling ridiculous about sharing and romanticizing about this idea of lover.  I was rejected, jealous, and lonely when I started reflecting on behaviors, and these energies created what seems to be a somber and deflated spirit.  Since then another defense or maybe callous has developed.  The critic in me says sarcastically in my ear, "bueno Romeo and Juliet, wearing your poet pants, take off your underroos and grow a pair ".  It seems pitiful and pretentious, so I'm putting aside identifying a facade called lover.

I can't wrap my thoughts around a concrete or nicely organized lover concept.  I am waking up to reality, smelling the coffee.  I don't have a lover facade that I can conveniently label.  I'm partially stuck with realizing I have some boyish tendencies, often reflected as actions or attempts to be seen as a loving man.  Like if using a veil called lover will camouflage the insecurities of not knowing how to love.  Its sobering to know that I still can act like a boy who is tossed around and drug by the hair when times get chaotic, lonely, illusive, slippery, and desperate.  The last part of me that feels like a boy is the part of me that does not understand the power or utility of love, maybe only the value. 

There are two parts to understanding how love functions in me.  The first is the interpersonal and the second is the intrapersonal.  These two functioning love processing parts share uniquely several qualities, some are kindness, romance, dedication, commitment, and desire.  I do not have a lover, but I do love.  Love is an expression more than an identity, and it can be intrinsic or extrinsic.  I see love as being reciprocal, the most difficult of all loves.  Love is most importantly applied outwardly and inwardly by me.  Yet It is still uncontained.  No sense in ever trying to weave a concept of a lover.  I love saying this.  I love accepting that the part of me that loves and can be loved is unpredictable, versatile, and unknown.  

Love in me is found in so many ideals and shortcomings, and spans identities.  I am a passionate advocate inspired by an erotic servant.  Love flows in, through, and around my so called facades.  Love can move from selfless action to fantasy.  Love disappears and leaves me with an addicted self.  Love is the part of me that has been selective, stable, jealous, and scared.  When love hides in me it has left me vulnerable to being hurtful, nasty, careless, vulgar, and shameful.  Love helps me  endured, emote, long, wait, and grieve.  Love causes me to inspire, motivate, cherish, excite, and celebrate.  Love brings out the best expression of me, the healthiest me, and the most unknown part of me. 

I was not prepared for the idea that learning about love would bring so much perspective to my cynicism.  The released cynicism has opened my eyes to my narcissism.  Love has allowed me to fear in new ways.  Love is not a part of me, its a resource, like water, it flows through me.  I dont have a single part of me that uses love, probably explaining why I can't define a lover.  I have learned that every aspect of my being is effected by harnessing love or ignoring it.  My attitude has changed in ways that feel corrective because of recognizing and appreciating more of the qualities of love, the deeper and rich qualities, like patience, trust, and forgiveness.  

I see myself less fearful of failure and more fearful of being alone.  There is a cynic who is dying in me, and that space is making room for healthier narcissism.  I see healthy narcissism as a label for loving myself.  Please don't confuse this with vanity or conceit.  I am going beyond the stereotypes of self love.  I am opening myself up to the void created by the dissipating anger that was created in me over years of struggle and perceived defeats.

As I learn to care for me, I find myself more able to care for others. The better I understand my shadow qualities the better I am at forgiving others shortcomings.  I have been unprepared for how much self love could alter my understanding of the world.  I am on a "high love content" diet that will reduce my "high cynicism pressure".  I love myself, and now I am working to be congruent with how I treat you.  This is my way point.  I hope to see you along the way, it might not be graceful but I hope it is received with mercy.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...