Music and More

Clarity

Facades are an abstraction and becoming a bit annoying to me.  I am getting to the point where they have become more like excuses.  I am finding myself boxing myself into what I describe as personalities.  I am limiting my experiences and reactions to this facade or that facade.  I have reached a point where over analyzing has set in like lactic soreness.  I have stifled my own creative interpersonal development by assigning facades from the Jungian framework.  I am rebelling from my own authority.

I am realizing that my individuality is being broken into communities, labeled as facades.  Like a Russian doll, I am ready to individuate even more.  I am not going to address my victimization and internalized defense mechanisms as a facade but more like a draw bridge I have drawn down or up as situations are perceived.  A true mechanism not a personality trait.

The beauty about having a brain is that it helps me distract myself from the realities that are wanting to teach me about the vastness within me.  The more I analyze, the more I realize I can spiral into complexity.  I also get spit out into the lukewarm waters of simplicity.  Sometimes making progress is as simple as willing to be taken advantage of, the openness to being incorrect, a vulnerability to be seen as gentle, or forgiving the hesitations that create regret.  Being a better man is not being a perfect man.  Perfection is complexity while appreciation might be simplicity.  Regardless I am a victim of my own perceptions, and my appreciation has been lacking.


Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...