Music and More

The Sun

It is completely understandable how early civilizations could have worshiped the sun, and how some still do.  I don't even believe that God would be jealous or mind.  The sun is glorious, enduring, and  always pointed at me.  The sun entices me into believing that I am the reason it rose from behind the ridges of rock.  When I try and glance up at it, I can't look too long, like it might see right through me.  The sun lets me feel the cold nights.  Nights, that hold little stars to remind me of the of the brilliance making its way back around.  It stays behind the mountains long enough to make me yearn.  It never gives me anything tangible except the day.  Then again the life is revealed during the day.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...