Music and More

Thank you!

Dear Ron,
Thank you!  I know we have been rough on each other over the last 37 years.  I know we've put each other in some binds.  I know we've struggled to be our best at every turn for everyone.  I know we haven't met all expectations, ours nor theirs.  At times, its tough seeing how we are being selfish and we've made it difficult for others because of it, and we're a work in progress.  I know I've let you down.  I know you still haven't forgiven a lot of what we've done together.  I know it is our pattern to swim in scarcity and overlook our blessings.  I can remember times you have looked in the mirror and been disappointed in me, I still remember those words you called me, and how at times you wish you looked different.  I know I stress us out.  I recognize how you've worked hard to straighten us out, blaming us along the way.  I know we've been stubborn and going easy on ourselves has been rare.  We often seem to do our learning the hard way, the long way, or the wrong way.  I know our choice of words  can be ridiculous and unwelcome.  I know we'll have more rough phases ahead.

But Ron, for today thank you.  Today is thanksgiving, and I happy to be apart of us.  I'm grateful to have spent so many ours in your head understanding how loving you would like to be.  I am pleased with how well you have cared for our body, mind, and spirit.  I value how confident you have become and trusting of others this has allowed you to be.  I like how hard you work to be a caring friend.  I still think your creativity expresses us best.  I thank you for the people you have surrounded us with, I enjoy how they accept us for our talents and our flaws.  Despite how sometimes you drain us and and push us to edge , I admire how persistent and enduring you help us be.  I appreciate how you continue to forgive and when you can't you don't stop trying.  Most of all, thank you for learning to love, it has helped us to treat you with the Devine dignity that we all deserve, and be compassionate when we fail.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...