Music and More

The Shadow

    Carl Jung, who is one of my favorite mystics, has helped me understand the psyche's shadow.  I've recently reminded myself how important it is to acknowledge, embrace, and forgive that part of me.  Some describe it as the part of us that helps us survive.  It is the part of us that is often suppressed, oppressed, and devalued.  This forum may be too public to share my shadow, but it is not too public to describe how I encounter it.

    My shadow has many qualities.  It is my vulgar side.  It is tenacious. It is stubborn.  It is enduring.  It is radically shameful.  I see it at times as embarrassing.  Mostly I can see my Shadow when I ponder about things I've done, want to do, or am doing. What follows is usually, "what did, do, and will people think of me".  It is the social awareness that has caused me to suppress behaviors, thoughts, and feelings that through life have had the wildness beaten out or have had thier wings clipped.

    My shadow is also a part of me that can be great.  My shadow can help me be magnificent.  I am working on seeing beyond the shameful and stinky stereotype I have assigned to my shadow.  I am trying to understand it.  I am trying to work with it.  Can those parts of me that have remained in the shadows now be understood enough to involve them in ways that contribute to a healthier Ron?  Fuck Yeah!

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...