Music and More

Monsenor Oscar Romero



An advocate for Christ and the peasant, was assassinated 31 years ago on the 24th of March. He was killed for trying to make sense of the social injustices in El Salvador. His message may be 31 years buried, but it still rings in my ears today. I learned of this while researching the truth behind the right wing human rights violations and revolutionary liberal violence.
I am disappointed that I learned of this great Latino hero by chance. This is energy for me, energy to empower me, energy to believe that the people I belong to are not just efficient labor.
The complete message is in English at this link
http://www.haverford.edu/relg/faculty/amcguire/romero.html

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...