Music and More

I Rigoberta, Otra Vez

You took your tragedy and laid it on paper.  You first adapted to the suffering that felt deserved, maybe not deserved, maybe tradition.  You took your tradition that had evolved into tragedy, maybe not tragedy, maybe genocide.   You took your genocide and spoke about it as if it was confusing to your heart.  Your heart relayed the message to your soul.  From there your soul, which is tapped into the vast cosmos of greatness, sent a message for a translator.  The translator found you and now we have your glory to remind us that justice is a perspective but human dignity is truth.  I live with a heart that is opening, softening, and beating because of your trust in the truth that you and your communities deserve to be treated humanely.  I think about the courage you have, I wonder about the love you learned, and I wait for hope to take flight in more parts of this unfair life.  You are drop of uniqueness in an ocean of creativity.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...