Music and More

Recovery

Recovery, is something I've been experiencing over the last several months.  Regaining what has been lost, getting back to a condition of health, and patiently letting go of regret for what will never be again.  Recovery is hard.  It has been a test of my will that never really gets used.  Its the part of my will that might be described like resistance training.  The actions I take that have helped me into recovery are the patience to do nothing.  That is difficult for me.  This has led me into the realm of being helped.

I am recovering both in spirit and health.  I have grown addicted to sacrifice and justice.  I have depended on exercise to relieve stress and build self concept.  Both of these have escaped me in some form.  My shoulder has been injured due to overuse and lack of care.  My prayer life has suffered from a loss of sympathy for injustice.  My ability to admire sacrifice has suffered from the growth of my optimism.  I have felt detached, restless, and somewhat carefree with my prayers.  I have grown irritable with my fitness.  Not being able to exhaust myself has brought me to point of laziness.  I am physically discouraged.  I still run, swim, and bike but I am humbled by my perceived loss of strength and power.  My inner soldier is worried about never finding our way back to the intensity and efficiency.  I am recovering!

I have some soul recovery to talk about soon, but when in recovery, it is said to take my time and make small progressions.  Peace and improvement find me!  Passion keep your eyes on me.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...