Music and More

Life is more than what gets done...

I am learning how important it is to recognize those things that don't get done. I could make this post really intimate and explain clearly what this means for me. But simply hinting at the fact that I concentrate so much on what gets done in my daily activities I lose site of those activities that I have dismissed. Try not to apply stigma to dismiss because for me dismiss has a rejecting quality. But I hope you can see dismiss as leading to information and situations that let you encounter without judgment. I am struggling things in my life that aren't getting done and forgetting to be thankful for things that aren't being done anymore.

The philosophy on non-judgement is so merciful. I love myself for my disappointments for the first time in my life. When I let someone down I know it will serve a purpose that will lead to something new in their lives. I have learned to trust that we have the will to take adversity and overcome. I have a foolish belief that if I am failing without malice, then I am living with risk. The next question is to be better aware of unintended malice because intentions don't justify consequences.

So as I think about my life, I tend to remember the things I've done, and have not spent a significant amount of time reflecting on the things I haven't. It doesn't mean that I create a bucket list. I mean that I must be reflective of the void. I don't want this post to be about the regret or hope. I am describing a non-judgmental inventory of the beautiful void, absent, or replaced. I am becoming aware of the faith in knowing I am spiritually contributing to life everywhere despite my energy only being shared in the things that get done.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...