Music and More

Mentioning Menchú

Rigoberta Menchú 
Warrior of Peace

The gender philosophy in our species mirrors the depths of our self-awareness.  How I see a woman and her roles in society are reflective of the level of respect, spite, and care I am willing to consider.  Today is the birthday of a special woman.  Rigoberta Menchú is a woman I have never met but have encountered soulfully by learning about her and from her writing.  I mention gender philosophy because I have been taught dividing lines for what is feminine and what is masculine.  She defies these boundaries.  She in my eyes is a warrior and crosses my understood gender boundaries with ease.  I acknowledge how powerful her voice has been.  I admire her intelligence systems.  She is a patriot for the country named "Dignity".
With this same message, I ask mystically for forgiveness for marginalizing the power of some women in my life.  I apologize for dogmatically conforming to gender boundaries.  I apologize for consciously and unconsciously believing I am smarter and better equipped simply because I am male.  Rigoberta, I honor your warrior spirit, and I ask in a cosmic way for your blessing on this special day that revealed you to us.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...