Music and More

Grace

I find that I get worked up over injustice.  I try to be balanced and more often get caught up in the romance of the under dog fight ... the good fight.  As I get older I see how there are so many good fights.  I see how peoples perceptions about what the good fight might be differs, making each of our fights that much more complicated.  Is "fair" equally just another perception?
While sitting down to take a break, I came across some literature about grace. If social justice has been a feature of my life, in order to be balanced I think I need social grace as well.  So I have found that grace is forgiveness.  It is forgiveness without an apology.  It is an act of recognizing the divine dignity in my enemies.  It is not tolerance.  It is not the sacrifice of ideas, respect, or principles.  And I am not certain what it can be, but I am sure it is a component to healing myself and the communities I belong to.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...