Music and More

So this is Christmas

So this is Christmas, a celebration with too many flavors.  For me the childish fervor has long been overshadowed by the abrasive maturating process.  I miss the simplicity of knowing this is the best time of the year.  In many ways it is.  New Mexico, or I should say its people, like many other places and peoples around the world, have embraced Christmas' invitation to prepare for newness with food, song, presents, and community.  It is a time that has caused battles to pause, enemies to forgive, and strangers to bond.  If only for a collections of days at the end of a calendar year, humanity can and does teeter towards compassion, peace, and forgiveness.  So with perplexing circumstances still enthralling our American lives, I hope you find ways to have a Happy Christmas.


Make my heart a manger, so in case a miracle child should need a warm place to be born, I might be just enough.


Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...