Music and More

Washichu's Disruption

Washichu (Wah-she-chew) noun : That who takes the best meat.

A natural quality of being human is unfortunately destruction. Many dominant cultures describe progress as requiring destruction of old in order to bring forth newness. Even nature realizes this principle. One thing nature does not tolerate is persistent abuse. This reminds me of the quality that pain creates in humans.

Pain and suffering feeds the Washichu's belly. I think pain is an abstract concept that can be explained in so many ways, it isn't worth delving into now. I am just reminded how the land of prosperity is lined with the skulls of the trusting, benefactor, exploited, and memorials to trustees. Yes it is lined with the oppressed and the oppressor.

I come from a culture of scavengers who have convinced ourselves that we have earned our keep. I come from a culture that also has sowers who are considerate of every action. Both live in me. I speak for myself and own my label as a "mooch", but I am also a contributor, always weary of the pain that creates fear and insecurity leading to selfish and exploitative actions. I refuse to forget those who are destined to be dissolved, neglected, and cheated. For now its a measly blog post, but I hope and pray that I will have the opportunity to place a large mirror in front of Washichu around the country in the hopes seeing a reflection will inspire responsibility and health.

Confront the Washichu in you and I ask that you remind of the Washichu in me. Don't dismantle a culture, a people, a race, and a sustainable lifestyle because we as a country cannot teach interconnectedness, synchronicity, collaboration, compromise, and respect. Or help me understand how injustice is a reasonable consequence.
A Reminder of Social Cancer:

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...