Music and More

Healing....it is a Risk


I am finding, the more I learn about illness, the body, and science, that what I do is "risk".  I take chances.  We spend our youth, learning what it means to risk.  I have used the feedback from my environments to justify my next risk.  As an adolescent I recognized how profitable risk were.  I lose site of qualities like consequence, responsibility, ramifications, and failure.  As I have aged I have been deflated, marginalized, broken, and lost.  This feedback has adjusted my sense of confidence and calibrated my respect for risk.

I am approaching the paradox between innovation and tradition.  Being traditional lends itself to conservatism.  When I attach to my traditions, I become a conservative.  When I reject the tradition I risk the way of the innovator.  I find that there is always need for innovation and I see there is always value for custom.  I am finding that neither is any fun without the stress from the other.  This has inspired the scientist in me.  I am ready and eager to experiment.  I am wanting to take some risk.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...