Music and More

I run

I ran to work today. I think a lot of people either think I am crazy or long to run themselves. I enjoy car watching because a car says a lot about who we are. So as I am trekking along Albuquerque's streets, I see people who glare at me, inquire, and wonder. I enjoy eye contact, for the sole purpose of soul. I know when I see someone running while I am driving, and I think about how free and in-sync they are with their body. I remember how it feels to be in that tempo, cadence, and rhythm. I enjoy cold weather running because that synchronicity is so much more in tune. Any imbalance is amplified by the cold air. I wonder what people are thinking when they glare, glance, or watch as we cross paths for a moment. I wonder what goes through their mind as our souls connect for an instance.

In a symbolic, maybe silly, probably senseless way (to the common man), I run to work to make a small impact on my body, mind, and soul, hoping it send shock-waves out to the rest of the world. I run so the restless troops on Restrepo can come home, to Captain Donald Maloy so you don't have to go back, and for Pat Tillman so your memory isn't lost, I run. I run to work as often as circumstances will allow, and connect with hundreds of people a month, even if only for a moment. My responsibility as a citizen is to ensure that independence from oil starts with me, energy conservation starts with me, and respect for New Mexico's future starts with me.

With disdain for the oil executive, with pity for the marketer, with admiration for the American soldier, and with hate for the exploiter, and with empathy knowing I am all, I run.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...