Music and More

Shadow Work

Following the theme of shadow, a teacher's blog about students gets her pushed into the shadows. For the mystically deficient, this translates to, A teacher had some shocking blog post about students and might be fired/expelled.

Read the NPR Story Here

So with compassion I was inspired to write a little letter to this education warrior. Yes educational warrior is mystical, and can be translated to under-served public service provider.

Dear Natalie Munroe,
I respect your shadow qualities. I see the frustration you have with some students lack of value for learning. I have been one of those students. So in a crazy way thanks for letting me know and sorry for being a smart ass, rude and a lazy whiner...seriously. I honor your ability to defend your shadow self. I am reminded by your experience that what institutions find appropriate will likely be at odds with my shadow qualities, reinforcing the shame that comes with some experiences of being human.

You are a brave and courageous American Patriot for education.

Gods Speed!

Ron

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...