Music and More

Interpreting

Today's post is inspired by Sergio Vieira de Mello, whose birthday passed this last week. I have a calendar of heroes birthday's. He is on my Calendar so that I am reminded to never lose hope, regain my center, or let loose. I am struggling to understand how to grow older.

Sergio was a man who was in love with so much. He was a peace keeper, an immersive, and reckless with his heart. Today I sit in a lifestyle so comfortable that feel afraid to dance. I use dance in the metaphorical way, as if to be romantic, when all I want to say is, I can't move. I feel as if a part of me is waiting for life to happen. Sergio will be remembered by his championing the philosophy of being an immersed helper. You cannot help from the sidelines. You cannot help from a distance.

Where does the will and motivation to keep moving closer come from? Life can be so fun, so fun that working seems avoidable and dreadful. His memory will have to be enough for now to at least keep my eye off the quit button.

Immigrating Without Borders

      I immigrated from Albuquerque’s city life to a quieter Santa Fe.  Santa Fe is 50 some odd miles north of Albuquerque along the Camino ...